Have you ever stopped to think about what the term big thinking (or thinking big, whatever floats your boat) really means? To you? To me? To anyone?
Or rather, until a few months ago when an had an idea.
That idea was simply: Let’s find out!
Why haven’t we thought about it? Why don’t we talk about it? What does it mean?
As someone who uses the term often — to describe ideas, people, and the person I’d like to think I am — this no longer feels acceptable.
That’s why today, Red Balloon is pleased to introduce a blog series called:
Thinking Big about Big Thinking
If you’re intrigued — and we hope you are, duh — here are a few FAQs to get you started. Read on and allow yourself to get excited, its OK.
- Why are you doing this? Three reasons. First, to keep things fresh — our brains, this blog and our conversations. Second, because we’re curious. Third, because we figure that if you’re anything like us, you’re curious, too!
- What is your intention? Another triple. First, to stimulate self reflection — among ourselves, interviewees and readers. Second, to better understand, so we can help others do the same. Third, to transform this abstract concept into something with meaning. Mystery is sexy, but its frustrating, too. What does big thinking meeeean?!
- What are you going to do? Interview people about big thinking until there aren’t any more questions to ask, the answers become stale, or I get bored. Whatever comes first.
- What can readers expect? Five interviews by me = five posts for you. After each fiver, the questions or topics might change course entirely; they might not. We’ll see!
- Who are the first five interviewees? Good question! They are, in no particular order: 1. Nick Matheson — Owner of One to One Wellness. 2. Liam Hennessey — A self-taught photographer and owner of Applehead Studio Photography. 3. Maggie McGee — The first big thinker I was exposed to in a professional setting. 4. Ben Boudreau — A former Red Balloon resident, who we all know and love. 5. Dave McKeage — The visionary behind Brigadoon Village.
- When does it start? In June. We’ll reveal the exact date soon. Think of it as a summer treat, as delightful as an afternoon popsicle on a hot day.
I hope you’re intrigued and I hope you’ll come along for the ride! See you again soon!
– Big L